On Tuesday, 24th of March 2020, the Executive Office of Association Sala Moustaqbal held its monthly meeting remotely, to study the repercussions and requirements of the global pandemic Covid 19.On behalf of all the members of the association, the outcomes of the meeting were issued as follows:
Bearing in mind the critical situation that Morocco, in particular, and the world in general,isgoing through, the association addresses the people of Salé city, national and international public opinion with an urgent appeal for solidarity and collective resilience to crushing the deadly epidemic that is threatening the continuation of human species as well as the future of human civilization.
In this context, in which the association is in a state of comprehensive and continuous mobilization to support the pandemic effort, Sala Moustaqbal declares the following basic positions:
1) Noting the level of vigilance, mobilization, and sacrifices of the public authorities, civil and military health institutions, (locally, regionally and nationally) to secure the effectiveness of the necessary and mandatory quarantine with professionalism for the public good. The association also appreciates the duty of collective and unconditional support translated in the creation of “the Special Fund for Managing the Coronavirus Pandemic”, which has engageda number of stakeholders including political parties, syndicalists, human rights actors, as well as media, elected councils, economic activities, and national institutions;
2) Emphasizing the necessity to produce and provide a binding contractual framework for institutionalizing the principle of “the right to security and physical integrity” that is stipulated in the constitution, for it leads to the foundations of the principles of a committed and responsible citizenship. Such a framework may ensure the security of Moroccans (people, homeland, and state), as well as the continuation of the human species facing the most serious threat in contemporary history.
3) Condemning the isolated and non-citizen attempts to break through the quarantine by demonstrating in the public street. In this line, the association is asking the Presidency of the Public Ministry the judicial authorities to apply the law with the necessary rigour on those threatening the health and spiritual security of the Moroccan society.
4) Coordinating with local, regional and national associative actors to develop collective initiatives for awareness, as well as share experiences and expertise, either audiovisual content, digital media or practical guides to raise awareness and collective involvement of all national components;
5) Planning for the post-pandemic, as this is a historical opportunity to revitalize the noble values. Thinking of the next period of coronavirus (as we hope) may help fertilize the development model for more solidarity, security and respect for the right of Moroccans and humanity, in general, to dignity, care, and recognition, as well as the need to come up with an urgent charter to develop universally participatory protection to protect the continuity of the human species as a collective responsibility of the international community.
6) The association is committed to putting all its capabilities and resources at the disposal of the relevant authorities and the competent medical departments, as well as financially contributing to the Special fund for managing the Coronavirus pandemic, with an invitation to all the members of the association and residents of Salé to contribute as well;
Salé: Tuesday, 24th of March 2020